Friday, June 19, 2015

Okay, Stop Messing with The Write Woman..... okay, this time I mean it! (76 Days until Graduation -- still)

You want some, don't you?
Totally impractical to write two different posts on the same day, isn't it? Well that's too damned bad. I'm doing it. Since you're hear, you might as well find out why. Here it is... personal advice of making lemons into lemonade, even when you're allergic to citric acid. (Yes, it's one of my many flaws.)

Yesterday I was so proud of myself for taking my son to his doctor appointment in Salt Lake City, on time despite the traffic. My daughter and I walked to the downtown library, which is huge, and had a grand time! Saw all types of interesting people along the way, and the weather was to die for, but not literally. Everything was great, or so I thought.

When I got home, I found I hadn't received the job I had wanted so badly, but I got over it. I had an online school meeting and put a little into the conversation, but mostly listened. Meetings like that would go so much faster if people paid attention to the materials covered until waiting for the end and having them repeated. I'm sure some of them were muted with the television on, listening to music, or texting their beaus. At any rate, I had a wonderful and uneventful night, because I didn't know!

Yes, don't you hate it when things are good because you don't know? But then you find out and you're
Multitasking isn't PR friendly
twice as angry as you would have been in the first place because you had a good time and should have been upset hours ago? On the other hand, the day was good and I'd rather leave it that way.

I reserved Exodus tonight from Redbox, even though the movie only got 2.5 stars. The intention was in watching it as a wind down, in addition to possibly posting it on my blog for LinkedIn and Friday Night Reviews. After all, no time lost is time well spent, right? But when we got out of the car and looked into my purse, guess what? I have my driver's license and other cards I don't use frequently in my huge wallet in one pocket and everything else in other pockets. Now there's lots of room for more junk because some slippery Joe managed to finagle them out of my purse yesterday. The bad news is my bank card was stolen and the movie I reserved couldn't be had. The good news? There's less than $3 in my account and I still have my keys, my driver's license, and my really important things.

I've learned a very valuable lesson from this. First, always zip your purse closed if you're not using it, but more importantly, keep your documents separated from each other. This is why men don't have purses. They become confused with all the stuff in ours, but when they lose their wallets, they  lose money and their condoms.

You know what I wish I could have stolen? A few bills! Wouldn't that be something, especially if they paid them for you too? Or what if someone stole your McDonald's bag when you weren't looking and then got salmonella poisoning? That would be awesome! Well, whoever it is, I hope they took advantage of all the great deals they got because I just cancelled my Executive Costco card.

Good luck with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment