Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Write Woman Writes Loglines for School (with 182 days remaining)


The last class I took, Publishing and Distribution, was pretty tough. I finally ended up with a story through SmashWords about Snow White. Here it is if you want to take a peek. My daughter was more than content posing, as long as she got to eat the apple when she was finished.
The class I’m participating with now is Writing Workshop I: Film. This is very tricky to talk about because 1) I totally love film and 2) the workshop classes are supposed to the most difficult of all before graduation. It sort of reminds me of dating a totally hot guy who can’t make up his mind where he wants to go until everything is closed; I want to show him off, but … okay, that’s a lie. I’d keep him home to myself, perfectly content. If you want to see a hot guy, go find your own!
            Any-who, for our class this week we had to create three loglines, which I did pretty quickly. But after sleeping last night, compounded with the ability to work out again, my brainwaves refuse to sleep with the other parts of my body. Exercise not only stimulates physical health, but mental health as well. When I got home this morning, at 5:00 a.m., I pulled the computer from my son’s room. (He listens to music all night to sleep.) I sat down and rewrote the first three loglines and added two more. When I was finished I couldn’t choose which three to submit, so I submitted all of them. I figure that way the others can read what they want and overlook the rest, but I won’t have to choose. Go ahead, submit which one you like, or even hate… but if you hate it, you gotta give a reason.

The Change - LOGLINE: When a babysitting teen cannot get her younger sister changed for bed, intending on sneaking a boy over, she needs a solution to keep her sister quiet or her parents will deny her summer trip to Brazil.

A Ride to Remember – LOGLINE: Two brothers unite for a Christmas vacation in the Uintah Mountains on a weekend excursion, but an unscheduled snowstorm separates them leaving one incapacitated. What will he do to survive until help can be found, and how will he know if his brother is still alive?

Rocky Mountain High – LOGLINE: When a teen’s family spends their vacation at their mountain retreat he never anticipates a zombie outbreak, and uses pure grown marijuana to intoxicate the zombies. But will the drug trigger mental interference or heighten the zombie’s hunger?

Lightning Strikes – LOGLINE: A new Air Force recruit, nearly hit by lightening, discovers her neurons increased reasoning speeds by 80x, but is she quick enough to save a school from destruction when a man, asserting to be the unclaimed son of Satan, gains interior access?

Snowed In – LOGLINE: A single woman must defend herself when her psychotic ex breaks in to “set things right” in the middle of the night. But the situation gets hot when the snow flies trapping the sadistic ventriloquist with her for the weekend.

(The last one’s antagonist is NOT named Edward. I said he’s crazy, not crazy smart.)

            Also, I submitted my application to the place in Hollywood searching for a summer intern last Monday with a couple of amazing letters from my instructors. (Wow, they were so good I couldn't believe they were for me.) I won’t find out for a couple of months, but I’m crossing my fingers. The experience alone would be memorable. But if I am accepted, I’m going to have to find a place to stay for a couple of months. This is pretty scary when I don’t really know anyone out that way. We’ll see what happens because everything always works out—I totally believe that. Life is just weird, but you gotta love it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment